ContentConcepts specializes in editing
and proofreading science, technology, and business books.
We work with authors to
polish their manuscripts and make sure the author's content is clear, concise, and efficient.
Who edits your manuscript?
A qualified editor with PhD or master’s degree and who has vast experience in book editing. CV of your editor will be available on request.
Book editing process
The book editing process involves:
- Developmental editing
- Substantive editing
- Copy editing and proofreading
Developmental editing involves:
- Analyzing your manuscript as a whole
- Verifying effective structure and outline
- Maintaining consistent tone and style
- Rewriting sentences to make content clear, concise and effective
- Suggesting, repositioning of figures and tables at appropriate places
- Preparing a style guide for the book
Substantive editing consists many of the tasks
involved in developmental editing and
- A thorough line-edit to ensure correct grammar, tone, clarity and consistency
- Editing at word level and sentence level
- Checking for appropriate usage of words and terms
Copy editing and proofreading involves
- Checking for grammatical errors
- Correcting spelling mistakes
- ensuring the manuscript adheres to the style guide
- ensuring the final copy is clean without any typographical or other errors.